Gourmet at home: Tofu Spinach Scrambled Crisp
Fancy a gourmet meal without the gourmet prices? Novotel Mumbai’s Chef Ranveer Brar shows you how to make this exquisite dish from your own home.
Cook like a pro from the comfort of your home. Chef Ranveer Brar has over 15 years of experience in the food industry, the last 10 of them as an executive and corporate chef. He’s not only the senior executive chef at Novotel Mumbai, he is also a professional food stylist, with shows (Breakfast Express, Homemade and Snack Attack) on Zee’s Khana Khazana. He tells us how to make an easy but delicious meal.
Ingredients for Tofu Spinach Scrambled Crisp
Filling: 1 tsp olive oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ¾ cup fresh, sliced mushrooms, 1 tsp chopped tomato, salt, crushed black pepper, 1 cup grated tofu, 8-10 spinach leaves, ½ tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp lemon juice.
Dough: 1 cup flour, salt, 1 tsp olive oil
Tomato salad: 1 orange, 1 tomato, a handful of spinach leaves
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan.
2. Add chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms and sauté.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, salt, black pepper and sauté.
4. Grate the tofu and add it to mixture.
5. Take spinach leaves and add it to the mixture.
6. Add soy sauce and lemon juice and let it cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
7. Once the mixture is ready let it cool for a while.
1. Add flour, salt and water in a bowl and knead it.
2. Add olive oil and knead it well. Let it rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
3. Make round balls out of the dough and roll it like a chapatti.
4. Cut the sides, make a square shape out of the dough sheet.
5. Add filling in the dough sheet, seal the sides of the sheet using water
6. Heat the pan with oil and place it on the stove, sear till its crisp from both the sides.
7. Once it turns golden brown from both the sides your Tofu Spinach Scrambled Crisp is ready to eat.
Serve it with this easy salad:
1. Take an orange and cut it into wedges.
2. Place the orange wedges in a bowl; add tomato wedges, spinach leaves, salt and black pepper.
3. Now add olive oil, lemon juice and toss it slightly.